Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) for Educators
Primary: Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) for Educators.pdf - 44,998 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) for Educators.pdf - 30,746 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) for Educators.pdf - 28,855 KB/Sec
- ISTE's Technology Facilitation and Leadership Standards: What Every K-12 Leader Should Know and Be Able to Do
- ISTE Standards for Coaches
- National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers: Second Edition
- Schools That Change: Evidence-Based Improvement and Effective Change Leadership
- Meaningful Learning with Technology (4th Edition)
- Using Technology with Classroom Instruction That Works, 2nd Edition
- Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) for Educators
- Designing Effective Instruction
- Cultures of Curriculum (Studies in Curriculum Theory Series)
- The Comprehensive High School Today (School Reform, 40)
Published by Taylor & Francis Group for the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
This Handbook addresses the concept and implementation of technological pedagogical content knowledge -- the knowledge and skills that teachers need in order to integrate technology meaningfully into instruction in specific content areas. Recognizing, for example, that effective uses of technology in mathematics are quite different from effective uses of technology in social studies, teachers need specific preparation in using technology in each content area they will be teaching. Offering a series of chapters by scholars in different content areas who apply the technological pedagogical content knowledge framework to their individual content areas, the volume is structured around three themes:
- What is Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge?
- Integrating Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge into Specific Subject Areas
- Integrating Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge into Teacher Education and Professional Development
The Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge for Educators is simultaneously a mandate and a manifesto on the engagement of technology in classrooms based on consensus standards and rubrics for effectiveness. As the title of the concluding chapter declares, "It’s about time!"
The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (AACTE) is a national, voluntary association of higher education institutions and related organizations. Our mission is to promote the learning of all PK-12 students through high-quality, evidence-based preparation and continuing education for all school personnel. For more information on our publications, visit our website at: www.aacte.org.